Wednesday, August 30, 2023 / by Management | Doctors Of Real Estate
So you have sold your home and now are faced with the task of moving. Moving to a new home is an exciting and significant life event that can be made easier with a well-organized plan. Here's a moving checklist to guide you through the process.
1. 6-8 Weeks Before Moving:
- Create a moving binder or digital folder for moving related documents and estimates.
- Set a budget to cover moving expenses (including moving services, packing materials, or travel expenses).
- Research and compare moving companies if hiring professionals.
2. 4-6 Weeks Before Moving:
- Declutter room by room by sorting and deciding what to keep, donate, or sell.
- Notify your landlord (if renting) or realtor (if selling) about your move-out date.
- Start packing non-essential items, such as seasonal clothing or décor. labeling boxes clearly with contents, the room they belong to, as well as priority (for unpacking).
3. 2-4 Weeks Before Moving:
- Update y ...